Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The simple things...

I don't know if you remember my "new year resolution" but this year the only thing I really wanted was more kindness and gentleness and somehow, the Spring Summer collection I'm currently putting together will very much reflect this...
A need to go back to the simple things...
less is more...
natural materials, soft, textured fabrics like this linen throw to nurture our souls...
beautiful, simple objects that are useful yet pleasing and calming 
I started this (I don't really want to call it a trend because it's not - it feels more like some kind of journey) last summer with our stonewashed linen collection and a lot of you emailed me to tell me that this bedroom I had styled, stroke a chord with you. I'm glad it did...
I had this bedroom in my head long before I came across our stonewashed linen collection so I knew it would be perfect when I finally stumbled upon all these amazing linens but this year, I'm taking things a bit further.
I want to create homes that makes us feel happy, calm us down when things out of our control are a bit too stressful (I spent the day sorting out phone connection and printers issues and I can't tell you how much I longed to go home to a happy, welcoming place). 
Over the next few weeks, you will see what I mean...
At the moment, we are getting all the stock in and then I'll start styling. All I can say is that if you havent requested our new catalogue*, by all means, do it, I promise you wont regret it!

*As we are a small business, we can only send the catalogue to UK addresses but we do enclose a copy of the latest catalogue with each int'l order and all our catalogues are available on ISSUU
1 Bamboo pendant light | 2 Vintage French post via Dreamy Whites | 3 Via here | 4 AA Butterfly chair 

0 comments:

Post a Comment