Wednesday, October 30, 2013

3 bathroom details I love using concrete

Since my last post last April, I have to admit that our bathroom is still very much looking like a war zone but we are making progress with our plans.
As the bathroom is just one part of our renovation projects, I'm sure you know that it's best to tackle everything at once to keep the budget under control rather than one room at the time.


On other hand, it gives me enough time to clear our home and put more things on ebay while deciding on the look I want to achieve.
Current bathroom: Last decorated by the previous owners (circa 80s), our current bathroom has bright blue walls (think a Yves Klein blue) and a mix of white & blue tiles (which I admit could have been worse), one bath, one lavabo, one WC and a small, airing cupboard.
Dream bathroom: will have a large Italian walking shower, more storage space (minimalist-looking) including one floating unit running across the wall to maximise space and keep a sense of lightness.
With this in mind, here are a few details that caught my eyes on Pinterest and summarise my vision of our dream bathroom...
Concrete floor tiles and wall tiles as featured in the home Morten Bo Jensen (chief designer for Vipp).

The bathroom unit and accessories are from Vipp and you can find similar wooden stools from here. Personally, I think what makes this bathroom so beautiful is the natural light flowing from the sky window and the contrast of material: polished concrete, sleek metal units and rough/organic wooden stool.
A spacious Italian shower with large, glass panels

I'm not really a bath person neither do I have the incline to spend hours in a bath but I LOVE a spacious, walk-in Italian shower with large shower head. So far, my favourite is the Mira Beat 25cm Deluge shower head and hopefully once we move the airing cupboard, we will have the space to create a big mama shower with two of these large shower heads. You will find some other great shower accessories from Mira Showers such as beautiful chrome soap holders and even digital displays showing the temperature of your water. I also love the bench in this one which is a great thing to have for kiddies.
Textures to add warmth to the space...

Concrete can feel cold at times so its important you select materials that will work for your own space. Our bathroom has two large French windows opening onto the garden and is filled with natural light so I know it will work well in our home but its key to add textures like Elisabeth Heier did it in her bathroom. You will find this beautiful natural basket here and similar wooden stools from here. I hope you enjoyed this...

Credits: 1. 2. 3. 4.

LEAVE A COMMENT THANKS!




Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment