Sunday, December 29, 2013

6-week beginner running plan



























































As promised to myself, as soon as I arrived in New-Zealand, I started the good habits again: drinking 1.5 lt of water/day, eat more fruits and vegetables, avoid eating gluten and start running again.
Each day I run I feel excited, hopeful and scared at the same time....
Excited to run again and doing something positive for my well-being, hopeful that soon I will feel better and scared that I will feel as down as I felt last November when I got hit by depression but at the same time, I know that if I keep eating healthily and work out regularly, I will be fine.
My sister sent me this running plan for beginners that is really good. It's for beginners and although I used to run 10K a while back, I haven't run for over 12 months so rather than going for a 20 min run straight away and ache, I decided to do it gently.
Each day I run, I feel great. 
The plan is in French so I've translated it for you. It's normally over 6 weeks but I'm doing it over 6 days just because I know I can, I want to and I gave myself 3 weeks in NZ to put myself back on tracks before heading back to London.

WEEK 1
Run 1:
Walk 10 min then run 6 x 2 min and walk 1 min between each run.

Run 2: 
Walk 10 min then run 5 x 3 min and walk 1 min between each run.

WEEK 2
Run 3:
Walk 8 min then run 4 x 4 min and walk 1 min between each run.

Run 4:
Walk 8 min then run 4 x 5 min and walk 1 min between each run.

WEEK 3
Run 5:
Run 2 x 6 min then 2 x 5 min and walk 1 min 30 between each run.

Run 6:
Run 2 x 8 min then 3 x 4 min and walk 1 min 30 between each run.

WEEK 4
Run 7:
Run 12 min, 10 min and 8 min and walk 2 mins between each run.

Run 8:
Run 2 x 10 min and 2 x 5 mins and walk 2 mins between each run.

WEEK 5
Run 9:
Run 15 min and 3 x 5 mins and walk 2 mins between each run.

Run 10:
Run 20, 10 and 5 min and walk 2 mins between each run.

WEEK 6
Run 11:
Run 25 min and 2 x 5 min and walk 2 mins between each run

Run 12:
Run 30 min. Congratulations!!! You've made it!!

(C) Image from Good Health Choices New-Zealand magazine

LEAVE A COMMENT THANKS!
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment