Sunday, February 2, 2014

TRAVEL: SNAPSHOTS OF CONCEPT STORE MERCI IN PARIS







Whenever I am in Paris, I always make a trip to MERCI, a beautiful 1500 sqm (approx. 16,000 square feet) concept store designed by French Architect Valérie Mazérat.
With its open spaces and lofty atmosphere, concrete polished floors on ground level and reclaimed wooden floors on the first floor, Merci feels like a stunning New-York loft with a French twist. The space alone inspires me greatly.

The ground floor is dedicated to men and women fashion (See Isabel Marant collection above) and the main hall is an ever-changing showroom. The theme this month was "travel", which I have to admit didn't inspire me a lot but they had gorgeous linen t-shirts for the Summer and I can't help thinking that their iron hanging rails would look fab in my home (not for sale at Merci but you can find similar ones here designed by Annaleena Leino).

On the first floor, it's a large, open space with heaps of natural light and an eclectic mix of furniture, ceramics, lighting and home accessories. I first spotted my white linen Ghost sofa designed by Paola Navone there but I got mine from Anouk B
The grey sofa is the one Elodie is going to get. It looks very similar to the Ghost one, although a lot smaller and given how often Paola Navone has collaborated with Merci, I wouldn't be surprised if she had designed it especially for the concept store.

Useful links:

//Merci: 111 Boulevard Beaumarchais 75003 Paris, Métro: Line 8 to Saint Sébastien Froissart
//The Used Café: within Merci and where I often have business meetings. They have wi-fi and a delicious gluten-free chocolate cake.
//Bonton: beautiful French concept store for kids a few doors down (on the left when you come out)
//Grazie: where we had lunch afterwards (on the right when you come out). According to my mum and sister, the pizzas were delicious but as I was off gluten I had a very tasty beef Piemontèse which was the equivalent of a beef carpaccio minus the egg, capers, etc. >> Grazie
//Paola Navone: you can follow my Paola Navone pinterest board here
// Stonewashed Linen cushions to achieve the Ghost sofa look from here.

//Photographie: Karine Köng | All rights reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment