Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vanessa Paradis...Go Girl

I don't often write about Vanessa Paradis (but I have a fair amount of photos of her on Pinterest)...yet if there is ONE person in the whole world, I'm a massive fan, it's her and for many reasons.

Elodie and I 'grew up' with her...
Vanessa is three years younger than me and two years older than Elodie.
She was only 14 years old when she became internationally famous with her Joe Le Taxi song (which is still a nice catchy song but far from being her best song) and considering how people who encounter massive success at a young age often go off the tangent, she did pretty well.

I love her because over the years she has made some very good artistic choices and worked with a lot of people I love and admire.
...Lenny Kravitz and I remember the the front cover of the album shot by Jean-Baptiste Mondino
...Serge Gainsbourg
...Matthiew Chedid
...Benjamin Biolay
All incredible song writers and poets.
Her beautiful duo with Jeanne Moreau (another amazing lady) at the Cannes Film Festival is one of my favourite and her first Chanel advert filmed by Jean-Paul Goude was beautiful.

I love her because she is also an accomplished Actress.
Something that most people abroad wouldn't necessarily be aware of, as most of her films were in French and not necessarily mainstream, but she has played some pretty tough roles, won a lot of Awards and Nominations including a César Award for the Most Promising Actress in 1990 for her role in Noce Blanche.
Heartbreaker, a fun comedy and Café de Flore in which she plays the role of a single mother in the 60s with a Down syndrome child (she won a Genie Award for Best Actress in the Leading role) are both on Netflix.

I love her because she is discreet
She is not the kind of person you will see on the front cover of all the people magazines, out of choice. She lives a pretty recluse life, get on with it, do her own things and once in a while, go on tour and release another amazing album...and she is brilliant on stage!

I love her as a person.
She has a very soothing voice and I really adore how she stands her ground and responds to journalists when they cross the line...always nice, smiling but firm.
And recently I loved her even more for the woman she is.
Ending a long love story is incredibly painful for anyone involved.
Having it splashed out on magazines and newspapers around the world, frankly must be a real pain and incredibly difficult especially when you have children and you need space to look after yourself, to re-build your life and to move at your own pace and we all know these things take time...
Making choices that not everyone is going to approve takes courage (incl. her recent curly, short haircut) but when I saw this amazing portrait of her in Net-A-Porter, I just thought "you go girl!"
Here is to women's empowerment and to a happy life...

Listen to...
Les espaces et les sentiments
Divine Idylle
Il y a
L'Incendie

// (C) Net-A-Porter

Sharing is caring ❤️ Leave a comment and let's have a chat...

0 comments:

Post a Comment