Friday, April 12, 2013

Dreaming of a grey sofa for our holidays home in France....

As much as I love our Ghost sofa by Paola Navone in London, a white sofa would definitively not have been practical for our holidays home in France (you can see more photos here). 
The house caters for 8 people but has often a tribe of young children running around, entering the house from our side to another, spreading sand from the beach to eventually collapse on our large sofa in front of the TV.
As I did not intend to have a nervous breakdown each time we were there, I deliberately kept the interior design of the house simple and low maintenance when I re-decorated the house a few years ago.
Failing to find an affordable, contemporary designer sofa in grey which was my first choice (and under pressure from the CFO of the house to stick to our budget), I went for a large, modulable dark brown sofa from the Swedish giant - which is ok and comfortable but looking at these inspiring interiors in hues of greys, whites and wood, I really wish I could change our sofa to a grey one now. Anyone else in the mood to change their sofa?
// Photography: 1. House designed by Briggs Edward Solomon | 2. Sofa designed by Gianluigi Landoni |3. Via here In Association with Interior Addict  | All opinions and layouts my own

0 comments:

Post a Comment