Monday, April 22, 2013

Re-energising blues and whites

Today is my first day back at work after two weeks well dodgy. I can't tell you how happy I'm to be here. I'm still feeling a bit weak and can't stand on my legs for two long but I'm feeling bright & alert which is a massive improvement (according to Steve, last week the kitchen table was more alert than I was!)
So, following my post from yesterday about starting the first day of my new (healthier) life, this morning I started by having a glass of spirulina (and I promise you it doesn't taste as bad as it looks!). 
Spirulina is an algae full of good nutrients which will boost anyone's immune system. 
I'm also taking probiotics on my Osteopath's advice and I have already switched my usual usual toast for gluten-free and yeast-free toast this morning which I had with avocado - it was really yummy and filling! 
I  got everything from here but you should find them in any health, organic shops.

If you have any yummy, tasty salad recipes to share by all means, please do. I never seem to be able to make them as tastier as the ones I eat in restaurants and I really would like to enjoy my food on this new healthy path. 
In the meantime, I just wanted to give you some energising inspiration from these photos. I always get a lot of energy from the Atlantic and I'm glad we are going there soon. I think this Winter has been so long for everyone that a lot of us are paying the price with our health and vitality so let's kick that and have fun and lots of energy!

// 1. Image by Ditte Isager (our white ceramic bowls look very similar) | 2. VT Wonen (I love this look, may try to dip one of my baskets into white paint when I feel up to DIY again) | 3. Image from Cote Sud (I think) | Source: unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment