Sunday, April 21, 2013

Today is the first day of my new life


{It was an awful experience but one that opened up things for me}
OK this is going to be an emotional post so you are warned...
Today for the first time in the past two weeks, I feel myself again...
These last two weeks I have been ill, the first week with the flu and as I was trying for my mind to be more powerful than my body to beat this thing, I didn't go to the doctor...
The second week, my immune system was so low that I caught a viral stomach bug that literally sucked the life out of me. I could hardly stand on my two feet and spent the whole week in bed.
I've never felt so powerless, useless and lonely. 
It was an awful experience but one that opened up things for me and I never EVER want to feel like this again.


{We always take our health for granted until it's gone}
I'm lucky, I have already got a pretty healthy lifestyle. 
I don't smoke (I stopped last October when I went to see her)
I hardly drink alcohol (only when we have friends around)
I drink my 2 Lt of water a day
I gave up coke zero
I eat my 5 a day (although not necessarily organics so I may not get the right nutrients)
I used to run and now I do Bikram Yoga which has an incredible positive effect on my well-being, skin and outlook on life
But I still got ill and so weak that I couldn't stand on my two feet, be with my family, let alone holding my daughter Mila.


{Healing the natural way}

On the advice of my friend Lau who is married to an Osteopath, I went to see one on Friday. The one I saw was wonderful, she was calming and inspiring. She told me that I had a healthy spine and great joints and somehow I felt really proud of myself...
It's funny, I think a few years back, I wouldn't have considered this as an achievement but now realising how important it is we all look after our bodies and teach our kids to be healthy, I felt very proud and I want to do more, more for myself, for my family, for those I love and for my child. I want Mila to grow strong & healthy and I want to teach to be that person.


{Things to explore}
When you're ill, there is so much TV you can watch until you crave for something else. So I read a lot about health, how to give my body the nutrients, energy it needs the natural way so I can carry on doing the things I'm passionate about.

And I got a lot of amazing advices from friends on Instagram and Facebookrecipes of healthy smoothies, books to read (The Green Life by Victoria Boutenko), supplements to take like Spirulina, so at the moment I'm processing everything but I'm making some changes to my life because  I want to grow old fit and healthy. 
I want to be able to have fun for the rest of my life. 
I want to be able to have the energy to do all the things I'm passionate about around BODIE and FOU, I have a book to write, beautiful things to style. 
I want to travel more and I most definitively I want to feel more alive...

So here are a few links of people who have already inspired me, hoping that they will inspire you too to change your life.
- I love following Dani's updates on Instagram from Fitness, Food & Style, Dani is a mother of 4 (she looks amazing) and I love how she inspires people on monthly challenges,
- the Green smoothies App on iTunes
Kristina Carrillo-Bucarama pioneer in the local, organic food co-operative movement and founder of the largest raw, organic produce co-operative in the U.S.. She has been 100% raw for almost 7 years (I'm not there yet, I'm not even sure this is for me but Kristina is definitively a picture of health and she is very inspiring!)

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment