Monday, June 3, 2013

30-day Birkram Yoga challenge | DAY 1


I'M BACK!! 
Jet-lagged, tired, with sore feet (they've walked a lot!) but very happy!
The weather in NYC was amazing and if you've missed my updates, you can check them out on Instagram
It was my fourth time in Manhattan and like the other times, I absolutely loved it and would go back in a heart beat. I'll put a post together for you this week to tell you about all the inspiring cafes and shops I visited but first thing first!

Yesterday, after arriving in London, feeling jet-lagged and out of shape let's face it, I thought it would be a great idea to kick off my return with a 30-day Bikram yoga challenge in 35 days*to put my mind and body back on track. I mean, regardless of the weather in London, Summer is around the corner and I don't intent to waste another 2 months getting my figure back. 

Given how I struggled to wake up this morning, I'm not sure it was such a great idea but nevermind...I've shared it now so I will commit it to it!

Since I've made changes to my diet going gluten-free and dairy-free, I have been feeling amazing but to be honest, I didn't eat as clean and healthy as I was hoping to in NY. 
The weather was gorgeous, the food beautiful, I had a good time (no regrets) but now my body is not liking all the gluten I have been eating and I feel sluggish and out of shape so I want to go back to the energetic, positive ME I was before NY and I'm officially committing to a 30-day Bikram Yoga challenge in 35 days in front of you guys!
I hope I'll be able to rely on you to encourage me or that maybe you'll join me in this crazy challenge!
A few of you are already joining me on Instagram which is very exciting!!
So over the next 30 days, I'll share my food & yoga journey with you and see if I/We can achieve the body of a Goddess at the end of it (we can always live in hope!). 

Breakfast!
I kicked off the day with 150g St Helen Goat Yogurt (available from Tesco, Whole Foods, etc) and 120g of blueberries

Morning Snack: was a banana (full of potassium) Afternoon Snack: 2 nectarines + plenty of water throughout the day

Lunch:
Was this salad made with Kale, 10 cashew-nuts, 1 dried fig, half avocado, 30g of parma ham, 1 spring onion, olive oil & balsamic vinegar - Very filling and tasty!

Diner:
salad with kale, 1 soft-boiled egg, 10 cashew nuts, 35g of parma ham, 10 olives with garlic. Dessert was 150g Goat yogurt and blueberries

*For the record, mine is a 30-day Bikram yoga because that's the kind of yoga that rocks my boat but if you do any other type of yoga, you're very welcome to join in! 30 days in 35 days means I'll do a class 6 times out of 7 each week

0 comments:

Post a Comment