Tuesday, July 2, 2013

3 ways to rock the Summer vibes with indigo cushions

I bought some really nice things for the shop and our home during my last trip to NYC including this gorgeous dye-in indigo cushion cover which I found at the flea market in Brooklyn.
I love how vibrant and full of energy indigo is, and I specially heart my new cushion because the guy used a really rough, recycled fabric which gives the cushion cover, a chic industrial vibe while being hard-wearing.
Perfect for what I wanted to do with it, which was to use it as a decorative floor cushion for our outdoor space in London.
Always partial to one or two little creative projects, I considered doing it myself for a split second and then I saw the blue fingers the guy had and thought...naaah, I will just buy it. 
I wish I had bought a couple more (and I wish I had taken his details too).

I love cushions...It's just one, inexpensive piece of soft furnishing that will add a splash of colour to your chairs, sofas and beds and they are a great way to re-vamp/refresh a room. 
Add a few, large comfy cushions on an old rocking chair or a sofa and you're set to rock the Summer vibe and enjoy chilling out with a glass of wine as the sun comes down.
If you mix prints and patterns but stick to the same hue, you will achieve a great relaxed look in the corner of your home and if bold prints is your thing, you can create a really exotic and unusual atmosphere by mixing shades of blues, patterns and bold wallpapers.

In our holiday home in France, I was more settle and used lots of small, blue and white cushions to spruce up our sofa (see close up of the room here) and create a summery, welcoming feel.
Have you done anything lately with cushions that change the look of your home?

// Photography: 1. ELLE Decoration Sweden | 2. Vt Wonen |3. Anthropologie | In Association with Cushion Couture  | All opinions and layouts my own
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment