Sunday, July 28, 2013

Two soft industrial kitchens I love




























































These are two kitchens I have loved for a very, very long time. 
The first one belongs to Dutch Artist Paula Leen and you can see her whole home in Rethink: The Way You Live (which I highly recommend!) written by Amanda Talbot
Paula and her husband have created a home in total harmony with nature. The hues of greys in the house are inspired by the clay soil surrounding their house and the space is filled with raw timbers, earthy tones, textures and wooden furniture similar to these.

The second one belongs to renowned trend forecaster Li Edelkoort and spurred me to put an option a couple of years ago, on the old, work bench sitting in my dad's workshop in France so that one day I could use it like this. 

Both of them feel very peaceful, calming...don't you think?

As we are going to embark on some major renovations work and re-do our kitchen in the process, I long for the kitchen of my dreams...airy, organic, filled with wooden stools and earthy, beautiful ceramics
How is your kitchen looking? Have you managed to create a soft, industrial feel like these?

// 1. Photography by Hotze Eisma 2. Unknown

LEAVE A COMMENT THANKS!
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment