Thursday, March 27, 2014

How to style your bedroom for the Summer in no time

As the lovely Kate from Katie & The Kids bought our Ikea bed of me on Instagram, I re-arranged a few things to freshen up the look of our bedroom and bring a Summer vibe into...
Did you notice how changing/re-arranging just a few things can make you feel hugely better!? I feel I have a new bedroom....
How to style your bedrooms for the Summer | Blues | textures | Flowers

Here are 6 tips to style up your bedroom for the Summer in no time.

✔️ Move things around: I do this regularly and it's a great way to freshen up the look of your home at no extra cost. I swapped the white stool bought in Amsterdam a few years ago for this wooden stool which was in our lounge (this one is also a nice and a more affordable alternative).
✔️ Upgrade your bed linens with summery colours: In Summer time, I love using white & blue touches throughout the house. It reminds me of our holidays in our home in France by the Bay of Arcachon. As you know, I'm a big fan of stonewashed linens and since it's my birthday on Sunday, I treated myself to this soft Summer blue duvet cover from Linge Particulier which adds a gorgeous, laid-back Summer feel to our bedroom.
✔️ Add photos of the people you love or inspiring tear sheets from magazines on the wall: I recently got a lot of my Instagram photos printed on Inkifi and I'm over the moon with the result (blog post to follow!)

How to style your bedrooms for the Summer | Blues | textures | Flowers
How to style your bedrooms for the Summer | Blues | textures | Flowers
✔️ Add flowers: Even the smallest bunch of flowers will uplift your spirit. I put some gorgeous blossoms in a simple, blue Mason jar bought last year from The Cloth Shop in Notting Hill (a gorgeous little shop you should visit!)
✔️ Add textures and colours with a few soft furnishing accessories: Simple, colourful cushions like this lovely Blue Herringbone cushion or this Souk embroidered cushion for a more ethnic feel are perfect to add a holiday vibe for less than £35.
✔️ Paint a feature wall in a soft colours: I painted the wall behind our bed in Pavilion Gray from Farrow & Ball which is a lovely, soothing gray. However I recommend you order samples because grays can look very different from swatches or what you see online, depending on the natural light you get in your room.
That's it! A brand new bedroom which makes me feel really happy...What do you think of my bedroom refresh?

PS: I got my new blue jumpsuit from here and talking of which, Monday's Fashion post will be all about sexy jumpsuits and ankle shoes ❤️❤️❤️

You might also like
This Pinterest board on Loft Conversions
Check out the BODIE and FOU SS/2014 collection filled with blue goodies
Get more inspiration on how to decorate with Flowers from Holly's new book

// Photography: François Köng, Styling: Karine Köng

Sharing is caring ❤️ Leave a comment and let's have a chat...

0 comments:

Post a Comment