Thursday, March 14, 2013

The KNOT chair by Normann Copenhagen

I always love getting my hands on the designer's drawings and then see the finished product...Don't you find it fascinating to see how it was on paper and then see the real thing?
I fell in love with this chair a long time ago after receiving a press release from Normann...In fact, it was such a long time that the KNOT chair was not even in production and I had almost forgotten about it so imagine how thrilled I was to see it at Normann's flagship store this afternoon.
I just think it's one of those designs that is bound to become a design classic. The lines are superb, the wood is beautiful and the design exudes Scandinavian classic.
Tatsuo wanted to create a chair which was a reinterpretation of itself – a chair that is both classic and modern at the same time and he definitively achieved that. KNOT reminds me of the 209 Thonet chair designed in 1900 but in a nicer, more modern version. 
I sat on it this afternoon and it's very comfortable but it is also beautifully made and I love the details of the cord wrapped around the structure. It 's a detail but it just adds something very stylish to the chair.
I got really inspired by the design so I've ordered a few for our showroom and I will style them when they come in which should be in a week or two. What do you think? Do you love it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment