Wednesday, April 10, 2013

An uplifting dining room for Spring


After I wrote this last post on creating an inviting, family-friendly dining room that is useful and inspiring, I got a really lovely email from someone telling me how much it inspired her and asking advice about which dining room furniture sets to get for her home.

I can't comment on style since I don't know her interior colours but I had this dining room styled by VT Woven on my moodboard at work since the beginning of the year and each time, I look at it, I feel inspired and uplifted by the orange accents in the room.
If you're not sure about having such a bright colour for your chairs, I would stick to timeless dining sets and add colour accents with accessories like this mint linen table cloth I shared on Instagram over the weekend, flowers and cups but here are a few tips on what chairs to get.

// Chic and stylish
Nothing beats beautiful upholstered dining chairs to achieve a chic and stylish look at home. Upholstered dining chairs like this Schreiber Woburn dining set in charcoal grey also give you that little padded comfort that adds to the enjoyment of having a divine meal with friends and family while looking timeless and welcoming.
If you have small children, make sure you select dining chairs that have washable, removable covers which are easy to clean, in case some of this delicious chocolate cake I shared in Easy Living a few years back, is slipping off the spoon.

//Strapped for space
If you live in a small space but love to have friends around, folding dining chairs or stackable chairs are a must-have as you can easily store them behind a door or under a bed,  or even in a wardrobe when not in use. 

//Comfort & look
As I'm passionate about interiors, the design of the chair is key for me but I also greatly value comfort as I want my family home to be welcoming for my family and our friends.
I'm a firm believer that great designer dining chairs should also be comfortable so please don't compromise on this. Soon you will see the new chairs I sourced during my last buying trip in Copenhagen.

// Image Via VTWonen 
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment