Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My best DIY tip & a massive crush for this kitchen

What's your kitchen like? 
You may have seen mine in Elle Decoration...We haven't done anything to it since we moved in, three years ago except when I painted the units in blackboard paint because I couldn't take any longer how eyesore the old units looked (see more photos of the units revamped with black paint in Scotland on Sunday)
In fact, painting the units with blackboard paint was probably the cheapest and best DIY project I've ever done. £25 paint + a lot of elbow grease for a "new" kitchen was not bad at all I think.

However, who doesn't crave for a brand new kitchen!? I know I do.
Steve and I are currently considering opening the kitchen onto the garden and adding an island with bar stools
I like the idea of having bar stools. They add a convivial, relax atmosphere to a kitchen..Kids love them.. and they bring people together as often everyone rallies around the island to talk and drink wine while the host is preparing the meal.
I think it's important to feel inspired in your kitchens. They are often the heart of a family home, where the kids do their homework. I know I do everything in mine from sewing to any DIY projects including painting our pallet coffee table but the thing I like the most is having friends around and eat some great, tasty, delicious food.
Naturally, knowing my tastes for white interiors, vintage, naturals and industrial schemes, the style of this kitchen feels very me. I love the industrial bar stool and could easily achieve the look using the Kant lamp above the counter.
What do you think of this style? Shall we go for it ;-) ?

// Image Via Bubbelsoda | In association with Costantino Furniture 

0 comments:

Post a Comment