Tuesday, May 7, 2013

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX: COFFEE TABLE

When it comes to decorating, I think it's very liberating to allow yourself to think outside the box.
I used this pretty owl vase mostly as a pen holder and until recently this stool was the perfect side table to have by my sofa.
My inspiration for the shot above was a coffee table made out of African stools spotted in an old Living Etc issue (circa 1998). Unfortunately I can not check the credits any longer as I threw away lots of magazines when we moved from Bristol back to London but I'm pretty sure it was a Dutch house.
In all these years searching for similar stools, I only came across dark African stools or lighter ones that cost an arm until I used this wooden stool.
What do you think? 
Would you mind sharing what 'outside the box thinking' you've done at home with your decoration?

I'm also very excited that the God of Design aka Philippe Starck has chosen 20 of this stool to decorate his new MAMA SHELTER in Istambul. How cool is that!!?? I wish I could travel with our stools...

// Photography: Francois Kong | Styling: Karine Kong  | Small Talk print (on the wall) | Bamboo pendant light
~~~~~~~

Quand il s'agit de décorer, je trouve que cela fait beaucoup de bien de se donner le droit de faire les choses différemment - de penser outside the box comme disent les anglais.
J'utilise plus ce joli vase comme pot a crayon et jusqu'a récemment, ce tabouret était la table d'appoint parfaite pour garder ma tasse de thé à proximité. 
Mon inspiration pour cette image était une table basse constituée de tabourets Africains que j'avais vu dans un vieux Living Etc (circa 1998). Malheureusement, j'ai fait le ménage dans mes magazines et je ne me souviens pas du nom du photographe ou de la propriétaire. Tout ce dont je me souviens c'est qu'elle vivait en Hollande. 
Pendant de nombreuses années, j'ai cherché des tabourets qui feraient l'affaire mais je n'ai trouvé que des tabourets en bois foncé ou des clairs qui coutaient super chers jusqu'a ce que j'utilise ce tabouret en bois.
Qu'est ce que vous en pensez? Ca vous dirait de partager vos idées déco 'outside the box thinking' ?
Je suis aussi super contente de vous apprendre que le Dieu du Design: Philippe Starck a choisi 20 de nos tabourets pour décorer MAMA SHELTER a Istambul. C'est génial non?? Qu'est ce que j'aimerais voyager avec nos tabourets...

0 comments:

Post a Comment