Tuesday, June 25, 2013

30-day Birkram Yoga challenge | DAY 13

Photo via Pinterest
C'est re-parti mon kiki! 
Yesterday after work, I went back to Bikram yoga and once I was there, I realised how much I had missed being there, working out, pushing and streching my body.

I had an amazing class, my body felt good and despite a week off nursing a gastroenteritis, I felt great afterwards to the point that I cycled to work this morning and will cycle to yoga tonight and then back home.
I did classical ballet for sixteen years when I was young(er). At some point, when I started doing modern dance too, I was doing 5 hours dance a week and I absolutely loved it! 
I never had the body of a ballerina but dance was my passion and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sadly, I gave up when I went to Uni and never went back unlike my best friend Perrine Fifadji who is now an amazing Dancer, Singer and Choregrapher 

Bikram yoga feels like the closest activity to classical ballet and how you work with your body so if you've loved ballet, I think you'll really enjoy it but at the end of the day, being it running or swimming or whatever, finding an activity you really really love will make it a lot easier to stick to your plans.
Have a great day!

C'est re-parti mon kiki! 
Hier après le travail, je suis retourné à mon cours de Bikram yoga et une fois là-bas, j'ai réalisé à quel point, cela m'avait manqué de faire du sport, de pousser et d'étirer mon corps de 20 ans (hahaha)

Le cours était génial et malgré une semaine avec une gastro, je me suis sentie super bien, à tel point que ce matin, je suis allée au travail en vélo et que je vais aller au cours de yoga ce soir en vélo et ensuite back home. 
J'ai fait seize ans de dance classique quand j'étais plus jeune et à un moment, je faisais 5 heures de danse par semaine et j'adorais ça!
Je n'ai jamais eu vraiment le corps élancé et fin d'une danseuse classique mais cela m'eétait complètement égal. Malheureusement, j'ai arrêteé lorsque je suis allée à la fac de Bordeaux mais ma copine Perrine Fifadji a continué et, elle est maintenant une danseuse, chanteuse et chorégraphe de talent 

Bikram yoga me fait énormément penser à mes cours de danse et la façon dont on poussait nos corps et si vous étiez fan de danse classique, je crois que cela vous plaira beaucoup, mais le plus important c'est de trouver une activité qui vous branche, que ce soit le jogging, la natation, etc, pour avoir du plaisir
Sur ce, je vous souhaite une excellente journée!

0 comments:

Post a Comment