Wednesday, June 26, 2013

30-day Birkram Yoga challenge | DAY 14

bodieandfou.blogspot.co.uk
How are you today? Are you keeping the good work?
Last weekend, Sarah asked me on Instagram, the recipe of the quinoa dish I made on Sunday.
The original recipe was from Gwyneth Paltrow's book "It's All Good" and I just twisted it to cater for our kiwi friends.
Quinoa is becoming one of my favourite dishes. It's a superfood and each time, I had a quinoa salad in a cafe, it was delicious. 
I also discovered that it's super easy & quick to cook so you can prepare a batch for the week and add various ingredients to create different dishes.

How to cook quinoa
1 cup quinoa + 1 3/4 cup water + coarse sea salt
Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer then place it in a pot set over high heat with the water & a big pinch of salt. Bring the quinoa to a boil, lower the heat and cover until all the water has been absorbed. This should take about 12/15 min.
 Turn the heat off and place a dry paper towel between the pot & the lid and let the quinoa sit for 5 min before giving it a fluff with a fork.
Then I do my first dish and store the rest in the fridge.
2 cups of quinoa will easily cater for 6 people

Perfect comforting dish
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + 1 garlic clove, finely minced + 2 large leaves of kale finely shredded, your quinoa + coarse sea salt + freshly ground pepper + 1 scallion finely sliced and poached or fried eggs.
Heat the oil and garlic over medium heat in a frying pan until the garlic softens(1 min), add the shredded kale and cook, stirring now for 2/3 min. Add the quinoa and cook for another 2 min. Place  the mixture in your serving dish and top up with the eggs and scallions.
As we had 4 New-Zealanders at home on Sunday, we added roasted sweet potatoes.

Today, I have a meeting with Apple to discuss this, then I'm off shooting our new linen collection and our new decorative animal head: Mister Hare (coolest bunny in town I've seen besides this one!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment