Friday, June 7, 2013

30-day Birkram Yoga challenge | DAY 6

Have a day t-shirt from Rebel Yell (sold out!)
Yeah!!! 6 days completed - 24 days to go! 
Tomorrow is my day off as the challenge is to complete 30 days of practice in 35 days and I can't tell you how happy I am.
I thought as an incentive, I would mark each week with a non-foodie treat and was contemplating a spray tan but my body is in need of a massage.
Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. My body is a bit tired but nothing major and my mind is still very focused on the final goal. 
A few good things I noticed...
Day after day, I'm building good habits with my diet...I've always been an emotional eater (like a lot of us I think). I'm stressed, I eat. I'm tired, I eat. I'm sad, I eat and even when I'm happy, I eat and when I say I eat, I mean junk food, carbs, chocolates.
However, after practising yoga, the last thing I want to do is feeding my body with junk and processed food. 
I also noticed that the organic salads I now prepare are A LOT more tastier and nicer than any pre-prepared salads from the supermarket.
I don't have cravings for chocolate anymore. Of course, if I have a bit of it, I want more (I'm not wonder woman!) but if I don't touch it, I can happily stare at a chocolate cake without feeling distressed.
I drink more water = my skin is looking a lot better and I have less wrinkles (I look 10 years younger...at least! I wish) but I had already noticed that when I started Bikram yoga a few months back.

Breakfast:

Morning Snack: banana Afternoon Snack: 2 nectarines + plenty of water throughout the day

Lunch 
Kale salad with spring onions, chia seeds, 1 soft-boiled egg, 10 cashew nuts (to fill me up), half avocado (good for my skin), 1 spoon of olive oil

Diner: BBQ time
Roast + kale salad with grilled cashew nuts
Dessert: chocolate cake + organic vanilla ice-cream (TBC) or St Helen Vanilla Goat Yogurt
Wine: I know I'm going to have a few glasses...We have friends around and we are celebrating Mila's birthday so in order to keep track of my wine intake, I'm going to buy myself a small bottle of wine so I know exactly what my intake is (Weight Watchers trick) and this should give me about 3 large glasses which will be enough for me.

Yeah!!! Déjà 6 jours! Plus que 24...
Demain est ma journée de repos puisque je dois compléter 30 jours de yoga en 35 jours et je ne vous dit pas à quel point je suis contente.
Je me suis dit que j'allais m'offrir une petite récompense à chaque fin de semaine, genre un spray tan mais en fait je pense que mon corps a plutôt besoin d'un petit massage.
En gros, je me sens bien. OK mon corps est un peu fatigué mais rien de grave et le mental est méga focalisé sur mon objectif.
Quelques points positifs observés...
Jour après jour, mes habitudes alimentaires deviennent meilleures...Je suis toujours ce que les anglais appellent "an emotional eater" (comme beaucoup de nous le sont je pense). Je suis stressée, je mange. Je suis fatiguée, je mange. Je suis triste, je mange et même quand je suis heureuse, je mange et je veux dire...je mange mal, des bombecs, du chocolat, des féculents.
Par contre, après avoir fait du yoga, le dernier truc dont j'ai envie c'est de filer des trucs de m$5# à mon corps.
J'ai aussi remarqué que les petites salades bio que je me prépare sont en fait nettement meilleures que les salades du supermarché.
Je n'ai plus d'envie de chocolat. Bon OK si j'y goute, j'ai envie d'y revenir (je ne suis pas super woman!) mais si je n'y touche pas, je peux rester à côté d'un gateau au chocolat sans mourir.
Je bois beaucoup plus d'eau = ma peau est superbe et j'ai beaucoup moins de rides (genre je fais 10 ans de moins ou presque :-) mais ça, je l'avais déjà remarqué quand j'avais commençé le yoga.


Petit déj:

Morning Snack: banane Afternoon Snack: 2 nectarines + au moins 2Lt d'eau dans la journée

Lunch 
Salade de Kale, oignons de printemps, graines chia, 1 oeuf mi-mollé, 10 noix de cajout (pour me remplir l'estomac) , la moitié d'un avocat (bon pour ma peau), 1 cuillère d'huile d'olive. 

Diner: BBQ time
Roast + kale salad with grilled cashewnuts
Dessert: gateau au chocolat+ glace a la vanille bio (à confirmer) ou du yaourt de chèvre à la vanille
Vin: C'est évidemment que je vais boire du vin...on a 10 copains qui viennent manger et on fête l'anniversaire de Mila mais pour contrôler les quantités, je vais acheter une petite bouteille de vin, ce qui me donnera à peu près 3 verres de vin large et qui sera amplement suffisant (c'est un truc de Wight Watchers)

0 comments:

Post a Comment