Monday, June 10, 2013

Mila's 8 years-old Birthday party

(C) Photography: Michelle Marshall

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that we had a fun but busy Saturday (...and Sunday) celebrating Mila's birthday with 5 of her friends staying for a sleepover. 
To be honest, it wasn't as hard work as some of her parties we had in the past with 12 excited, screaming kids. At 8, the girls pretty much entertain themselves and they were all very sweet and got along nicely together but by the time, I had prepared 5 dishes, had a nice BBQ and a fair amount of wine, I was done ;-) 

Kids Party - 5.30pm kick off
- Games for everyone to get to know each other & have fun (musical chairs, pass the parcel, musical statues)
- Paint your own t-shirt (my favourite part): I like doing things that are going to stimulate the kids' mind and creativity so this was perfect! Following my post on this little creative project last March, I downloaded a few patterns for the girls to use while Steve got some fabric paint from an art shop and white t-shirts from H&M.
The girls were amazing (you can see their cool artworks on IG) and they had a lot of fun. Some used the patterns, other did their own drawings but they all did a fantastic job and the t-shirt was part of their goody bag at the end of the party.
Just make sure you iron the t-shirt to fix the paint onto the fabric before washing it.
- Make your own pizza: Saturday morning between Bikram yoga and a well-deserved massage, I prepared two gluten-free chocolate coconut cakes and some gluten-free pizza dough for the girls to make their own pizza (fun and easy!)
- Dessert was Gwyneth's gluten-free chocolate brownie with organic ice-cream
- Movie
- Sleepover in the guest room where we had laid out a couple of inflatable mattresses. I think they fell asleep around 11pm but sadly for us, they were all up at 7.30am on Sunday Morning awake & kicking!
While Steve, Michelle and I were drinking a large amount of tea & coffee to wake up and make the girls some pancakes, they watched a movie.
The party was over at 10.30am on Sunday and I was dead for the rest of the day so of course, I was in no shape for a 6a, wake up call to tackle the new week of my 30-day Bikram Yoga Challenge but I'll go later on today. xoxo

PS: Party bags including the t-shirt the girls painted and one Arne Jacobsen design letter mug

0 comments:

Post a Comment