Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Home tour: Our holidays home in France































What the perfect holiday spot for you?
For me, it's definitively anywhere by the beach and after our amazing weekend in Wales, we've decided to postpone our road trip to Italy to go to our holidays home in France near the Bay of Arcachon
I really love the area. 
I spent most of my childhood holidays in Arcachon and it's a very beautiful region. My favourite spot is the Dune of Pyla (the biggest sand dune in Europe) and you can walk from there to La Co(o)rniche, a very nice restaurant designed by Philippe Starck
I also love going to the food farmer market in La Teste on Sunday as it has a great selection of seafood too and fashion. 
Off season, Steve and I love having seafood in the indoor market with a glass of white wine. During the high-season, you better go early if you want to be served.
Our holidays home is located near the Lake of Cazaux which is perfect for families with young children but I think this time, as we want to surf, we will probably head off to La Salie or Biscarosse (only 17kms away).
I love the fact that we can live a simple life (no internet in the house) and cycle to the beach there or go sailing. We have a huge garden and I mean huge (2715 sqm2), which is great for having lots of friends around for a BBQ.
Here are a few photos....
As you can see, in this house too, I used quite a few things from BODIE and FOU including the scrapwood wallpaper, which was my latest DIY project. 
The pendant lights in the kitchen are these ones and I put two of these beautiful clusters in the long corridor that runs throughout the house.
You can see more photos on Pinterest and see the house featured in Grand Designs,  Home Beautiful Australia, Casa Facile Italia, You magazine and many more here.




0 comments:

Post a Comment