Monday, February 24, 2014

The classic trench | Outfit perfection

Although England is the motherland of trench coats especially since Christopher Bailey revived BurBerry's company legacy and made classic trenches cooler than ever, I've always felt that a classic trench was quintessentially French.
Maybe because my favourite 70's French style icons: Françoise Hardy and Jane Birkin (who is British but has spent most of her life in France) rocked it like no-one before.

(C) Francoise Hardy photographed byVictor Blackman/Getty Images 

I very much love this trench (below) by Gerard Darel - a French brand which has over the years produced some invigorating and original ad campaigns featuring Stephanie Seymour, Brooke Shields, Christy Turlington, Nastassja Kinski and currently Charlotte Gainsbourg and has some pretty stylish pieces to covet (available at John Lewis here in the UK).

Timeless, chic and stylish, the trench coat is the one piece of clothing that goes with cropped trousers (see my post here), converse & leggings/or skinny jeans (loving these leather leggings from Baukjen) or with boyfriend jeans (read my post here).

I'm also loving these three...
1/ This Paul Smith beige perforated trench coat from Liberty (also available in navy here). A modern take on a classic design with colourful details on the sleeve and lining.
2/ This Petune ladder seam trench coat by Reiss - black, classic but very feminine and stylish.
3/ and for children, I'm loving this Burberry camel trench coat for kids from AlexandAlexa which would be great for Mila.
Pssst....I'm selling my Comptoir des Cotonniers trench here


0 comments:

Post a Comment